Monday, January 4, 2010

New Life Resolution

So I did fairly horrible over the Holiday.  I could offer a bunch of excuses (one of the most horrible professional issues EVER; friends in town; creme brulee cheesecake) but the bottom line is that I allowed myself to cave into excuses to eat.  Therefore I have NOT decided on a New Year's resolution, but on a New Life resolution.

What I find interesting, is that I quit smoking in 2009.  Really wasn't that hard.  I don't crave cigarette.  How can quitting bad food be harder that smoking?  I don't know - but it is.  I used to smoke in my car.  I found myself EATING in my car instead - what the hell?  So no more eating in the car.  Or on the couch.  I need to make myself sit and have a meal!  Seriously, its like I'm my cat, doesn't really matter if the food is in the bowl or on the ground, I'll eat it anywhere.  And please rub my belly.

I will continue to look on to you all for support and plan to update this more often with progress.

Happy New Life

3 comments:

  1. You have my unwavering support. I am proud of you that even when there is a temporary setback, you continue to push forward. We're planning on going to dinner tonight at the Kettle w/Bella. Let me know if you're interested in joining us!

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it!!!
    I know you will call me crazy - but you need to find something for your fingers to do while you watch TV. You know me....I like to eat and I am sorry to have been a bad influence on you in the past :-(. When I watch TV I have to have food too, so instead I knit, or needlepoint, or hear you yelling at me to SHUT UP. I don't expect you to pick up yarn and make me a sweater, but just keep busy, and more busy than on your computer....
    I know you can do it - anything I can do long distance let me know!
    You have 100% of my support - next time you want a brownie - call me :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Nicole-play with your nintendo DS while watching TV. DO anything but eat-believe me I know it's hard! There are actually some healthy snacks that taste good!!
    I'm proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete