A PICTURE of a brownie made my salivate! A PICTURE! Then it occured to me, that if the picture looked so good, then maybe I should just eat it as opposed to a real brownie.
Darn it - I want that brownie!
Anyhow, I ate out for lunch and kept it to 7 points - this is HUGE for me. I usually go out and eat all of my 27 points in one sitting.
On that note, did you know that a Bloomin Onion from Outback is 72 points? I see no point in continuing to live...
Last night I went to get an MRI - and since I have PROMISED you all (and myself) to tell the truth - here it is, warts and all...
So they take me in the back and have me put on a hospital gown and scrub pants. The pants were so small that I could not even tie them and I had a fair chance of ripping the butt when I sat down. So needless to say, I felt VERY fat and my mind started to worry that maybe I was too fat for the MRI and they were going to have to send me to a horse MRI. Then I started to worry that I might get stuck in the MRI and they'd have to call the fire department and cut "the fat girl in the MRI" out. Then I wondered what would happen if the machine broke while I was in it - or even worse, the technician decided to quit while I was in there and nobody ever found me. What if there was an earthquake and I was strapped down inside this little tube? What if the earthquake spawned a tsunami?
All of this because I was too fat for the pants...
Anyhow, the MRI DID break, but not while I was in it, but it did delay my departure until about 6:30 (FYI - I had about half a foot of clearance, so I dodged the horsey MRI this time!). Anyhow, I had the pot luck and a work-out. Guess which one I blew off? I was SO frakin hungry I went home and made the brownies. And I'd be lying if I said I didn'y help to clean the bowl.
I thought about coming in here and blowing smoke up your rears with what a great job I did, but that would defeat the purpose of this and, more importantly, it is very disrespectful to all of you who are pulling for me.
When I get THAT hungry its like I'm a machine and I can't the food into my mouth fast enough. The threat of a horsey MRI isn't even enough.
In addition, today has been a bust - had to deal with some difficult HR issues and the comfort food reflex kicked right in.
Times like this I figure I should just give up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Bad Flory! No more brownies!
ReplyDeleteAnthony
Do NOT give up. Sounds like part of the problem is keeping/having comfort food around you. If you're serious about this, try keeping more healthy snacks around (at work and at home) so that when you are hungry you don't automatically go for the comfort food - you have a healthy alternative. That way you will feed the hunger and feel better that you didn't cheat. The point is to keep from getting so hungry that you just destroy your new lifestyle by giving into the "evil" goodies . . .
ReplyDeleteYou can do it! :)
Kathleen
Flory!
ReplyDeleteNo more brownies!!! I agree with Kathleen... You are going to have to replace the comfort food with healthy alternatives! You can do this! Don't give up... Never give up!!! You are very strong woman and I know this diet thing WILL NOT beat you :) XOOX, Amy