I am I total chicken! I decided NOT to email everyone when I woke up, so I was going to delete it when I got to work. However, I was distracted (I'm sure it was something shiny) and next thing I know its gone - BUT------
Wow! So much support all ready! Several people said they love me just the way I am - problem is, there is WAYmore of my the love!
So today didn't start out great - spilled coffee, fighting with AMEX - super busy and have to move my office - but I started the day with grape nuts (which I am fairly certain are JUST 4 points!). Have to go out to lunch today, so that will be a challenge. Any suggestion on steering away from the burgler is appreciated!
The BIG challenge is that I am going to bake my caramel brownies for a pot-luck tomorrow. How does one NOT lick the bowl? Its like they are free calories... I think I'm going to have the cover the bowl in something gross like maynoisse (yes I know I can't spell - I'll work on that fault next!). You'd think I could just walk away from it and use will-power - but trust me, I've dug things out of the garbage before, so not only do I need to throw stuff away I must render it TOTALLY inedible!
BTW - if you want to be notified of when I post something new (which would be great, cause it may be a moment of: "Tell me why I shouldn't eat the brownie that's 348 days old, as opposed to the fresh carrots"), there is a link called "follow" on the left-hand side.
Ok, guess I should go back to work so I can afford to eat all the stuff I can't afford to eat!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Flory,
ReplyDeleteI of course love you for who you are, but I am also completely supportive of your decision to tackle this! I want you to be healthy and happy so my daughter can grow up getting to know my wonderful friend. I know you will find it challenging but hopefully with all of us cheering you on it will be a bit easier. As for baking caramel brownies, I think maybe just think of the bowl as evil so you don't dare lick it? That's what I do in the grocery aisle everytime I'm tempted to buy a bag of Doritos or something else that I'm yearning for at the moment as an impulse buy but I know I'll regret later if I buy it and eat it.
I'm looking forward to watching your progress and seeing less of you in 2010. ;)
Kathleen
I am very proud of you --- nothing is more challenging then changing the lifestyle that you have become accustom to.
ReplyDeleteAs for brownies - I like Kathleen's suggestion. Just think of them as evil and bad. If that does not work, perhaps ditching making brownies for pot lucks (as they seem to be your weakness) and find another dish that won't be so tempting.
To answer you previous questions, going out to eat is a huge challenge when tackling a new diet. Steering away from burger/fries is sometime difficult and periodically the only thing on the menu. Try 2 things - drink lots of water while you are waiting for your food in an attempt to fill you up. Secondly, order what you can, but only eat a couple of bites of the burger, ect - this will get you through lunch. When you get back to your office, go for an apple, nut, or granola bar in your desk draw (be sure the granola bar doesn't have too much sugar).
Good luck - looking forward to hearing more.